Terms and Conditions of Purchase of Art from Emily Jane Wall Art
By ordering art from Emily Jane Wall Art , you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you are purchasing original art (a “Work”) from Emily Jane, whether or not commissioned), you agree to the following:
1. You acknowledge the original commissioned Works from Emily Jane are gestural/figurative, and such Works are not intended to be identical facsimiles of the subjects. You can see Emily Jane’s examples of Emily Jane’s style at www.emilyjanewall.com
2. You acknowledge that when you order the commissioned Work, you are responsible for the entire price agreed upon (the “Purchase Price”). You may be required to pay a portion of the Purchase Price up front (a “Deposit”), and the remainder upon completion (the “Balance”).
3. All prices exclude taxes, shipping and handling. We will collect only taxes that we are required by law to collect. You are responsible for all other taxes including but not limited to sales and use, value added, and ad valorem taxes.
4. You acknowledge that by making a Deposit, you may be causing Emily Jane to turn down other work so that she may complete your Work in a timely fashion. As a result, all Deposits are non-refundable.
5. If you cancel the order before commencement of the Work, you will not be required to pay the Balance. If you cancel once work has commenced, you will be required to pay the entire Purchase Price.
6. Deposits are due at the time of the engagement. The Balance is due upon completion when the Work is delivered.
7. Since this is custom Work, all sales are final.
8. Emily Jane gives projected completion dates, and makes every effort to meet those dates. However, unless otherwise specifically agreed to in writing, such projections are estimates, and are non-binding.
9. Emily Jane reserves all reproduction rights, including the right to claim statutory copyright. The Work may not be photographed, sketched, painted, or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without the express written consent of Emily Jane. This is not “work-for-hire” and Emily Jane retains all intellectual property rights in all Work. You have the perpetual, non-exclusive rights to display the Work in your home or dwelling. You have no rights to reproduce the Work, nor do you have rights to display on commercial websites. You may post the Work on personal social media, with attribution. Emily Jane may continue to display the Work on websites showing Emily Jane’s portfolio. All rights in the Work are specifically reserved unto the artist.
In accepting a quote, you agree to these terms and conditions.